Young men can often feel excluded from approaches to SRE that focus on conception, contraception, STIs and delay. Additionally traditional teaching approaches can cause many young men to become disinterested and distracted.
This course is about meeting the needs of young men in sex and relationships education by gaining an understanding of young masculinities and practical strategies for engaging them.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Explore the messages that young men receive about being a man and what young men learn about sex, sexuality and relationships.
- Learn how professional’s values and attitudes towards young men can create barriers.
- Understanding the different agendas of young men and professionals working with them.
- Learn effective approaches when developing programmes and activities with young men.
- Work through examples of workshops around safer sex, consent, relationships, self-esteem and understanding masculinities.
This course is a fun but challenging course which combines a theoretical and practical approach to the subject. Participants will be asked to draw on their own understanding, experiences and values as part of the learning process. They will also learn key skills and approaches in working with young men and will be able to take away activities and workshop ideas to try out.
This one day course costs £1200 plus travel/accommodation costs. All my courses are for up to 16 participants.
If you wish to make a booking or have any questions about the content or fee please get in touch via the contact form.