Are you looking for confidential advice around sex and relationships, or a place to chat about your relationships or sex life? I offer confidential one-to-one sessions where you can talk and get ideas, based on my experience and expertise as a sex and relationships educator and author.
I’ve been giving sex and relationships advice to young people in person and online since 1999. I’ve given in depth, confidential one-on-one advice to nearly 2000 young people (under 24s) helping them to:
- Have more enjoyable sex.
- Understand and befriend their bodies.
- Cope with sexual problems and giving practical strategies for overcoming them.
- Critique sex as a way of overcoming ‘sexual problems’.
- Practice safer sex with practical strategies for making this more pleasurable.
- Understand consent and communication and power and how to practice it.
- Explore different sexual and romantic relationship models and how to manage them.
- Deal with expectations placed on us around gender – particularly learning how to do gentle and caring masculinities.
- Understand their values and what they might want from sex and relationships.
You can also see the kind of friendly and thoughtful advice I have given to young-ish people at Bish which has been read and valued by many thousands of people.
What I offer
Since I began working with Meg-John Barker, with the release of Enjoy Sex (How, When and If You Want To) and the launch of our sex and relationships advice website, I’ve decided to offer a similar advice sessions to adults – spending about 50 minutes having a friendly, useful chat about sex and relationships stuff.
I won’t offer ‘expert’ or ‘one size fits all’ sex tips. I do offer:
- Informative and educational sessions (rather than specifically therapeutic).
- A gentle and matter of fact manner when talking about sex.
- A sympathetic ear.
- Practical, creative and useful ideas.
- A collaborative and consensual approach where you take the lead.
- An experience which is supportive of you, but also a little bit challenging when required.
How it works
You may want to see me for a handful of sessions or you may just want to chat to me for a couple of times and that’s it. Once you’ve seen me you can choose whether to book another session or not by email – totally up to you #consent.
I would not offer therapy or coaching – but could refer you on to trusted colleagues who offer this if that’s what you would like. I’m very comfortable seeing all genders but it would be especially cool for me to work with blokes.
We can chat in my central London flat, or wherever you feel comfortable (e.g. walking and talking, in a cafe, in a public place like the Tate or Southbank Centre, or in a pub) or a video chat online. Everything you talk about would be kept confidential and we can negotiate a contract for this on the first session.
To start off with I will charge £10 per £10,000 you earn per year (e.g. if you earn £30k it would be £30), but this is my introductory rate.
If this sounds good to you and you’d like to give it a go, please email me via the contact form or justin at bishtraining dot com